Fori designed, built and integrated three custom automated guided vehicles (AGVs) for a U.S. based Defense OEM. The (3) AGVs are utilized for an assembly line for the production of center wing boxes for the F-35 program. A Vehicle Management System (VMS) or Traffic Control system was supplied with the AGV system. The Fori VMS allows for fully automated vehicle movement. It includes a Siemens Safety PLC to communicate with automation equipment, such as riveting machines. The integrated VMS system provides a truly hands-off material handling assembly system.
- Capacity: 14,000 lbs.
- Max speed of 100 feet per minute
- Magnetic bar guidance
- +/- 5mm positioning repeatability
- High voltage power supply
- Lead acid batteries
- Siemens PLC based control system – no black box
- Onboard safety scanners & bumpers for collision avoidance and protection